Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Goal? To Live.

I watched an reunion episode of the mtv show "I used to be fat".  That show is about teens who sign up for a summer to work with a personal trainer in attempts to gain a healthier lifestyle.  Its like, the Biggest Loser, but on a much smaller scale, and not a game/reality show way.  Watching those teens walk on stage having either maintained their weight loss or have had further weight loss, was amazing. Hearing how its changed them and their families.  I want that.  I sometimes give up (re: cake incident).  Those kids were talking about how hard it was to do it, and that there is no easy way.  That you have to stick with it.  They mostly said, losing weight was easy with the trainer, but after that support was gone and they needed to maintain, that's when it got really hard.  But at the end of the day, working hard yields great results.  I want to live and I want to see me one year from now, healthy and wearing normal sized clothes.

My friend Kelly and Rita have had amazing results and have been inspiring me to be better and do better. I lost 15lbs doing my Biggest Loser competition at work, and I have gained 2 back. I want them and quite a bit more gone!  I know with help I can do it!  Currently, our break schedule at work goes like this: work 2 hrs get a 15 min break. Work 2 hrs, get a 45 min lunch, work two hours get a 15 min break, work 2 hrs, then home.  

Rita has changed her schedule around to switch her last 15 min break for her 45.  She eats breakfast, work 2 hrs, eats on her 15, works 2 hrs, eats on her 15, works 2 hrs, then on 45 min break, goes to the gym to the elliptical trainer, cleans up quickly, and back to work for 2 hrs.  I think I am going to see if this would work for me. I am going to see if I can get this schedule and try it out for a week.

If anyone wants to join me in a 5k this summer, I have done some research on how to train for a 5K.  Obviously, eating right is a big part for me, but I need to be able to last for 5K!  When on treadmill, I usually do about 2K so this will be harder!  I am hoping to have some friends join me. I have found 2 races that interest me.  The first one is the Ronald McDonald House on August 7.  Then I searched again, hoping to find an Autism/Asperger one and I did find one for Allies of Autism and there's is in September.

Why Ronald McDonald? Hilary has a dear friend who is currently in BC and her family is staying at the Ronald McDonald house as we speak. I think it would be great to encourage her to fundraise and do that race. Me? I am just looking for a race!

Why Autism? Most of you know, my son has Aspergers, and that would be great to do as a family. I am thinking back to the Parenthood episode of their family doing a 5K run/walk for Autism. I want that too!

If you are interested in joining me or sponsoring me, let me know. I haven't set up yet. As soon as registered to one of them, I will let you know :)  I can also post some training info that I have found to help us all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment