Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Today seems OK

With this concussion, I have days where I wake up and know its going to be a good day.  Today is that. The headache I have isn't as brutal as normal, and I think I have my wits.  Yesterday was a bad day. Took me forever to get out of bed, the headache was very painful, and I only spoke dumb.   My level of forgetness yesterday was insane.  Even I annoyed me.  I keep getting asked when I will get better, and I honestly don't know.  This isn't my first concussion. I had one when I was 17, and that one was severe and I spent over a week in a hospital.  So my recovery on this one might be awhile.  I miss work and people and the ability to drive myself places.

Upside to this concussion? My kids are home this week on winter break, so I have gotten to spend time with them.  This is a welcomed time, as I just got back from vacation and missed them.

In other news, I have maintained my weight loss of 15lbs. I would like to add to that of course, but right now during this time of injury, I am grateful for maintaining.    I have gone back to drinking coffee, but I have lowered the amount I am drinking.  I had fast food last night and it was horrible.  But yesterday was messed up. I forgot to get ingredients needed for dinner when Andrew took me to the store, I had a schedule for yesterday evening, and I ran out of time before dinner was ready. We left the house for the errands and grabbed dinner while on the go.

I will now review the new Asiago Spicy Chicken Club sandwich from Wendys.  It was not great.

I still miss my sister.  Which, is a great feeling.  I have vacation time at end of June and I can't wait to go to PEI for Canada Day weekend and see her and my parents.

For now, I am resting, and waiting to see when I have two good days in a row.

1 comment:

  1. You went on a cruise and are on bed-rest and have maintained your weight? Amazing!! I miss you, I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete