Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The 12 days of Detox - Day 12, The last day.

Well, today is my last day. I end it with mixed emotions.  I know the eating really well and detoxing my system has brought weight loss and energy. I can see it in my face and my sack of feelings hangs less down onto my legs.  I kicked the coffee habit and learned I love fish and spinach.  So that would be the good.  I am afraid to eat anything that I haven't eaten in the last 12 days in fear of how my system will react. I am also afraid that I will blow all this progress and revert back.  Essentially, the freedom scares me. That would be the bad. So for tomorrow, I am packing the usuals:

oatmeal with berries,
left over fish with rice and spinach
rice cakes and avocado
apple

I bought a roast to slow cook all day. So, tomorrow night I will attempt a gravy. I just might skip it for me. I am already using whole wheat flour for cooking, but its probably better to just skip it.

Friday we are having quesadillas, so there will be cheese and tortillas involved.   I guess I will just make sure I have whole wheat tortillas and low fat cheese for mine.

I am really feeling great, like I have finally reached that turning point all us fat girls wish we could find.  I am hungry right now, but I am having a cold glass of water and then headed to bed.  The freedom I will have starting tomorrow will be awesome and scary.  I just need to keep planning and packing ahead.  If I have food with me, that I have put thought into, then I will have no need for convenience food.

I am afraid of chocolate. Although, I am not very big on sweets. I have been missing it. The only sugar I have had is what is found naturally in berries and apples.  So, now I crave. But do I want to blow all my progress for some sweets? Nope. I think I might buy those "singles" and enjoy one of them that way and just get it over with.  Or not at all. I don't know!! I will hold out as long as I can hoping the craving disappears completely.

I've been thinking about coffee and its comfort.  I miss that sip from my Timmies XLDBLDBL.  It always felt like "home".  But I am trying really hard not to go there. I know for sure I won't tomorrow. Again, I will hold out as long as I can hoping the cravings disappear.

I guess I just really need to take it one day at a time.  Tomorrow I do a weigh in, its my second last one for our Biggest Loser competition.  We shall see how it goes.

Well, this is my last blog about my health for awhile.  I hope that when I am weak, I can recall how I didn't waiver once in 12 days. How I stayed strong an how proud I am of me right now.

I never want to forget these 12 days.

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you for getting through all 12 days. You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete