Friday, August 6, 2010

Too many thoughts...at one point.

I'm leaving tomorrow for a few days.  Going home to PEI. I won't have Internet access there as my mom is "friend off" with her Internet company.  Thank the good Lord I have my blackberry as there is NO WAY I can go without Internet.  I am addicted. Always have been.  


As I was leaving work, saying goodbye to people I wouldn't see for at least 5 days, I realize how much I love my job and my work friends!  5 Days isn't a long time, but it felt like I was saying goodbye FOREVER!  I'm dramatic like that.


The last friend I hung out with was my friend Keri.  I love her. Seriously.  She is a good person, the kind of person you should have in your life.  She listens when you talk, she's supportive, generous, kind, and fun.  We are kind of opposites at the same time. I love that we can be friends despite some major differences. OK, maybe not major.  She is friend on with Jesus, when I have denied his friend request.  I am a potty mouth, and she keeps it clean. 


Today, I used the f word to emphasize a feeling. Instantly regretted it.  I know she dislikes this word.  I kept the convo going, trying to distract from it.  It was when I left to go home and in my car I said to myself "Self, that was stupid" Then the following conversation went on in my head:


"Why can't you censor yourself?"
"Why do I have to?" followed by "She doesn't care"
(truth is, she does care)
I then rambled on a bit, off topic, but then it came around to this....


"Be yourself cos you know she likes you for who you are, she doesn't want you to change"
"I shouldn't have to change" - it was in this moment I had an epiphany!


No, I don't have to change myself, but shouldn't I be respectful? Its not actually about changing oneself, but more so, being respectful of your friendship? Caring that it makes her uncomfortable? 


I care.  I care enough to make a HUGE effort to not swear in front of my friend.  


I will succeed because I care. 
(WJ'ers, you like that? Its a good line, had to steal it)


I was going to end my blog right there, I thought that was a good closer.  But I kind of want to say that I am still upset over that booger on the bathroom stall wall!




I also had other thoughts, but now I don't remember them.  I think I was going to touch on Big Brother and my teenage daughter. But I forget what I wanted to say.


OK, now that is it.  Have a great 5 days without me!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say I'll miss you but who are we trying to kid...you'll be just a thread or BBM away! xoxo, hope things go well out East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now because of you and that picture you sent, the first thing I do when I enter the bathrooms is a booger-scan.

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete