Friday, August 13, 2010

Random things I just have to say!!

Currently, I am upset.  You would be too if your baby girl has a boyfriend pushing hard to have sex with her before she moves back to the West coast from the East coast.  Definitely being very strict right now, but it is also preventing her from having some fairly decent fun at the Old Home Week Exhibition with her friends.  I made a deal. I felt like I made a deal with the devil.  I said she could go IF she doesn't see her boyfriend tomorrow for their "hook up" they planned.  She agreed. But did she really? I don't know.  At some point, I have to let go, and trust that I have covered all my basis on parenting and that she will make the right choices.


UGH!


Moving onto other things that bug me...THE BOOGER!!! I wonder if I will ever let that go. Probably not.


My daughter is moving home on Tuesday.  We will be going to family counselling and getting the help we need to love, respect and support each other properly.  Actually looking forward to that, I think we all deserve the peace it will bring.


I want to go back to my last blog about respecting my friend and not using the F word around her.  She was very moved by my gesture and I feel like our friendship has grown.  When I saw how it made her feel, it just solidified that what I was doing was right. IN FACT!  I think I will try not to even use it all!  I want to challenge myself to not say FUCK anymore. Here is a list of alternatives:


fudge. fuzzy. fiddlesticks, flapjack, freaking, flocking seagulls (I've given this a lot of thought)


Next up: Preventing the use of the slang "OH MY GOD" and "GODDAMN"


Moving on to other topics.....


I am making club house sandwiches for dinner and that excites me.  I am craving them so badly.  Its 330pm and I want to make dinner now. 


I painted my toenails.  This is a miracle. I reached my feet. Not only did I reach my feet, I did a great job.   Now I feel all girly with pretty feet.  I am wanting to wear open toe shoes, but sadly the weather has sucked.


So, Amanda says to me "you like bad boys don't you Jody?" I said "No, actually I don't.  Bad boys will cause   nothing but heartbreak and disappoint over the years and then after 10 shitty years he will be in prison and you will be stuck at home in your trailor with your 5 kids and no money"  She laughed and said "he has a mohawk!"  I then went on to say that I prefer geeks. "They provide security, kiss the ground you walk on, you get to have those kids, but in 10 yrs he's provided a home and an rrsp"  Does this make me old or responsible?


I was about to move on here to the next random thought, but dude, all I can think about is that clubhouse sandwich.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you achieve your no f-word goal... And I know it isn't much but I'm so happy you were able to paint your toe nails. I just LOVE the girly feeling I get with painted toes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think you were off to a great no f-word day today. You definately made an effort and now that I am aware of your goal I will embrace and encourage the change. Tomorrow we shall use "fiddlesticks". I appreciated the nice-ness of your painted toes in your open-toed shoes today. I am also super excited for the new adventures that await you and your family having your oldest baby back home with you. See ya in the morn!
    ~J

    ReplyDelete