Wednesday, August 25, 2010

For awhile, I had nothing to say!

Alright gripers! Here it is. A blog. Just for you.


I spent the day doing stuff. Like, grown up stuff.


I went to Walmart Superstore and got some groceries.


I went to the bank to consolidate some debt and use what equity I have left in this house to finally grow up.  Me and Andrew are 35 and this is really using any bit of money left that we can use to finally become financially responsible.  Once this money is used up, there is no more we can get, so if we fubar ourselves, I don't see any other options other than bankruptcy.  I will avoid that like the plague!  All my credit cards will be cancelled.  I will finally live like most. If I don't have the money to buy or do something, then I am S.O.L.


We are also switching our chequing over from CIBC to Scotia where our mortgage is. I am afraid of this process. I fear something will bounce while we transition.  I did sign up to have my debits round up to the nearest $5.00 with the extra going into a savings account. I have no doubt that this will rack up quite a bit.


Today I wrote up a contract for us with Hilary.  Its brilliant.  Seriously. We should've done this a long time ago. Essentially it outlines all the permissions and privileges, then the consequences if permissions are broken..  We allowed her to put in some items she wanted us to agree to.  Which we happily did.  We both get copies.  BRILLIANT I say!


I have reduced my useage of the EFF word, dramatically.   Tomorrow night is another BB party and it will be a good test for me to see how I am doing with the things I don't want to say.


My kids are in school and summer is winding down.  So is this blog. I dare say, this one was a tad boring. 



1 comment:

  1. 1. I hope everything works out with the whole switching bank thing. I'm sure the rounding up to the next $5 will help with your savings. I'm rooting for you on that!

    2. Now, I'm not a parent, and the only real experience I have with kids is as a teacher, so feel free to ignore me... but I think the contract is a brilliant idea: especially involving some of her points and ideas. I really hope it works.

    ReplyDelete