Thursday, November 10, 2011

It was more like a "nope" talk.

I read over the material I was given. I pulled out the workbook for Quinn and began.  


I gave him a sheet that explained the male genitals terminology. Like, penis, scrotum, anus, etc... He looked at me and said "I know this already".  OK, moving on...


"Quinn, what are some slang words for penis?"
I don't know.  Hilary in the background "dick, twig, cock, one eyed monster..." Quinn says "That's inappropriate"


"What about slang words for the vagina?"
I don't know.  Hilary in the background "vag, vajayjay, box..."  Quinn says "That's inappropriate"


"Slang words for breasts?"
I don't know.  Hilary in the background "tits, jugs, ta ta's..."  Quinn says "Stop it!"


"Slang for anus?"
I am done.


Moving on...Hygiene.  Now this topic he was into.  It went well.  Except for the facial hair part. He wants none. He also enjoyed talking about a healthy diet.  We had to fill in some unhealthy items and he wrote:


candy, chips, pop, alcohol and blood.


Uhm. K.


Then came the fun talk about erect penis's, wet dreams and masturbation. But I was committed to discussing it and it went rather well as I discussed that and how his body is changing.  then came the follow questions and responses.


What are some of the things that you have noticed changing in your body?
Nothing.


Something you are worried about?
Nothing.



Somethings you are excited for?
Nothing.


Then I asked:


Do you ever get an erection?
I don't know.


Have you had a wet dream?
I don't know.


Have you ever masturbated?
I don't know.



OK then, then I guess we will move onto Sex and Sexuality. He says "No, not today".


To be continued I guess.


In other news, that friend Bob of his who asked Hilary for sex and we had to drive home...remember him?    Well Quinn told me yesterday that he is no longer friends with him. I asked him why and he said  "He gets into too much trouble and gets sent home a lot. I don't want friends like that"  That was from DAY ONE in Social Skills. Identifying good and bad friends and how to keep or end their friendships!  So proud of my Aspie!

1 comment:

  1. Good first round! Sex talks are difficult in general, and I can only imagine what it's like with an Aspie. You've introduced the topic and can revisit it later and build on it. Good for him for being able to identify positive and negative influences. I know a lot of adults who can't even do that.

    ReplyDelete