Thursday, April 21, 2011

143 days

I have discussed in the past doing a walk/run for charity and as motivation for me to move my ass.  I had been tossing around the Ronald McDonald and Allies for Autism walks.  Then I learned of the Autism Speaks in Edmonton Sept 11th.  I often visit that site and participate in discussion with them.  I am familiar with them.  So, when I saw they were doing a walk to raise awareness and funding, I talked to the fam and we all agreed on that race.  It works with my scheduling and we have decided to really enjoy that weekend.

We will head up on Sept 10th and spend the day and night at West Edmonton Mall, then Sunday the 11th, we will do the walk.  Now, its only a 3k walk, but its the training to get there I am most excited about.  I have 143 days to prepare.

Now, I have been having some issues with my back after a fall in the parking lot at work.  I had just gotten over my sciatic flaring up and being really bad when the fall happened, and that is what has made this a bit worse.  However, I am seeking treatments and hoping to get on track soon.  I am confident my back/hip issues are only temporary.  I am also sure that if I can start working out and stretching, it will then work on prevention of these issues. My current snapshot of health isn't helping the situation.  So, I need to help me first!  

My friend Kate started using this website called  Map My Run - You can enter your food and exercise logs so I joined too. Its really cool.  It has coordinating apps for blackberries or iPhones.  I put in all my info and worked out what my calorie intake should be.  Then I log in the food I have eaten and it calculates where I am with my calorie intake. It will tell you how many calories you have left to consume, and if you have had too much fat in your meals.  You can log your workouts, runs, walks, and biking.  You can enter this stuff manually or you can use the apps to track and upload. Either way! Its so cool! Its all free too!  I am anxious to get healthy to start using this site. I think it has a lot to offer.

I think this site will help me stay focused on the walk I have in 143 days.  I have been on the internet a lot since I have been couch bound with heating and icing. Because of that, I was able to research the walk to do, we worked out a team name, and this walk/run site.  

I asked all our friends to suggest team name for our family and my mom came up with The Asperger Avengers.  Instantly, it felt right for us.  Quinn changed it to The Aspie Avengers.  We decided being Avengers, we will wear costumes!  My friend Jesse will help me make the costumes, which is so generous!  Thank you Jesse!

It is time to get ready for my Dr. appt, its number one of 3 today!  I will keep you posted.

Whoa..I almost forgot the link to donate to our walk for Autism!


No comments:

Post a Comment