Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I've been waiting...for a thought like you.

I want to blog. I need to blog. I come here everyday and look at my blog waiting for the idea of what I am going to blog about. I only have random thoughts today. Which is, after all, what my blog contains.

Its my birthday tomorrow. I turn 36. I am OK with that.

Eating right is fun. Makes me feel good inside. I stared at some Cadbury mini eggs for about 5 minutes today having that inner monologue about how good they would be, but how I didn't need them. I didn't buy them.  I am hoping to have birthday cake tomorrow. So at this point, that is my choice.  Its all about making choices.

Hilary and I haven't chosen a new series yet. We are thinking Gilmore Girls. I was hoping for something slightly older, but it seems to be the right choice.

I have always bitten my nails.  Its a nasty habit and I haven't bitten my nails in weeks! They have been growing but they are still short. I just kept clipping and filing them and wearing nail strengthener.  So they are short, but strong :)

I enrolled Quinn in a regular Jr. High for next year. I am nervous but excited. He won't have the support group he is used to from his charter art school, but he will get the Asperger support he needs in the form of an aid or IPP.  Hilary is off to Highschool in the fall. My kids are getting older!

I am going to the movies tonight to see Beastley with Michelle as an early bday gift.  I am excited for some Michelle time. Its important for mom's to take time out from the house and be themselves.  I love my family and my husband, but I am really at the point where I need at least one day a week for me. Just me.   Sometimes, I don't mind incorporating one of them into my "me" time. But I find I am so much happier in life and that transcends into my home life when I get my time. Ya know? I need my identity of Jody. Not just mom or wife.    Also important, taking time to be with your spouse.  Women who are family women need to remember that.  Don't be just all about your kids. They are number one in my books when it comes to providing and keeping them safe. I would happily end mine or Andrew's life to save theirs but how often do you find yourself in that situation?? Hopefully NEVER!  But in the meantime, take the "me" time and take your  "couple" time to ensure your marriage is strong.  When the lady of the home is happy, so is everyone else.

In closing of this blog, just in case Mother Nature didn't know it, SPRING IS HERE NOW!!! So, please Mother Nature, no more snow. Kthxbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment