Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Halloween Pumpkins are for Christmas.

As I sit here at my laptop thinking about what I want to blog, I glance out my kitchen window. It has a view of our deck.  On that deck is a patio table with my Halloween pumpkins on it covered in snow.  They're frozen.  I mean to get rid of them before we went on our trip to LA but I didn't.  It snowed while we were away and hasn't stopped since.  There are days it doesn't snow, but at this point,  they are there until the thaw.

I glance to my left and see my Christmas tree. Its pretty and has presents underneath.  Its a tight Christmas around our household, but our children faired well.  Only 5 days until Santa arrives.  My son is 10, almost 11 yrs old.  He has Aspergers and is more like a 8 or 9 yr old inside.  He still believes in Santa.  He doesn't like crowds and loud noises, neither do I, so him riding the technological wave of communication really works for me.  He does not desire a picture with Santa or really to talk to him in person.  He prefers to email Santa.  With so many websites, that is a definite possibility.   We emailed Santa the other day and he already has a very nice email back.  Thank you technology!

Counting down days for many things.  We have the obvious, Christmas.  Then New Years, I am actually off for it for the first time in 3 yrs! WOO!  Then its a trip to Montreal with friends for a birthday trip.  Its then Quinn's 11th birthday.  Following that, the Ships and Dip Cruise with Barenaked Ladies. Then Hilary's birthday, followed by my birthday.

I need money for all of that. YIKES!

I sent out my Christmas stuff very late this year. I had partaken on the role of a Team Captain for our team at work as we adopted a family in need. I organized most of it alone. I rallied to get donations of money, gift cards or presents.  Our group was very successful, but it was stressful.  Knowing it was up to you to ensure those kids had a good Christmas, when your's was barely happening.  I got very distracted by that project but  it was very rewarding.

I am looking forward to Christmas Dinner with family and friends. For me, its not about the presents under the tree but who I get to be with.

Merry Christmas :)

No comments:

Post a Comment