Monday, October 11, 2010

Being Thankful

Often we fall on difficult times whether it be losing a job/not gaining a promotion, breaking up with your spouse, illness and sometimes the death of a loved one.  But I think what determines the future is being thankful for what remains.  Maybe its easy for me to say that as I haven't fallen on many hardships during my adult life.  I have had my up and downs but thanks to my partner Andrew, life is going quite well.  At the end of the day we can't go back and change what has happened, only do our best to ensure things are easier in the future.


Today I have many reasons to be thankful.  I am going to list them, not in order of importance, just as they come to mind.


Andrew - he is my rock and my bestfriend. He takes care of me, and helps me grow as a person.
Hilary and Quinn - my kids ensure that I always strive to be someone who makes them feel loved and be proud of. 
My mom and dad - they have always been there for me and did everything they could do to ensure I was ok. They still are there for me.


Friends - this is a big one.  I have different tiered friends. My besties keep me sane and help keep me Jody, not just mom or wife.  My other besties, who pretty much do the same.  My friends (working their way to Besties)  - always putting a smile on my face and listening to my jokes.  My acquaintances who randomly join me for lunch at work, sit with me for the day and share, on their way to friends.  I need all of them! I am nothing without my friends.


My job - I love my job.  It works with my personality, made some of my closest friends there, plus I love to travel so it helps!  I am also thankful to my leader, Terra.  She means the world to me.  Without her, I don't know how I would have that job anymore.


My fashion sense - I am awesome there.


Twilight - its my world now. 


Bacon - enough said.


I hope you all find atleast one thing to be thankful for today.

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you Jody!

    Oh, and yes, also bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and i'm thankful that my verifier code for the above comment was "testi"

    It made me snicker.

    ReplyDelete