Sunday, September 5, 2010

What a fantastic nap!

I seriously just had an amazing nap.  This is the second day in a row where I have napped. I think my body is just fed up with my timing. I get up everyday anywhere between 2 am and 330 am for work.  By the time come home, I am starving, thirsty and tired.  I feel bad for my family. I believe my quality of life is suffering as I usually go to bed before my youngest child.  My husband gets lonely :(


One thing I can do about that is go to the gym.  Its time. It is really time.  Been there before, and I feel awesome afterwards, emotionally.  So that is my goal right now...get to the gym.  Its hard when I am exhausted all the time to get that inspiration to go to the gym.  I am picking a start date for the gym, September 27th.  Why that date? Its so far out right? Well, that is the week that I work Monday to Friday and have my weekends off. I have that schedule for 4 weeks.  That will be a good steady time for me to get into the a routine.  Be sure to tune into my blog then it will be filled with: I am so tired, great workout, feel good about..must eat and sleep. Completely, exciting. I could do a weigh in and blog my progress. Accountability works great for me. Captive audience? I love audiences!


Perfect segway to my topic of Glee.  So, I started a Glee Club at WestJet.  We are called Cabin Pressure.  I have 17 members and our first meeting is on Sept 22. I have no idea WHERE, but its happening!  I am not a good singer at all, but I love to sing and I have found 16 others who also love to sing.  I hope it will be fun and not too drama filled. I am trying to figure out which Glee member I am, perhaps Sue Sylvester, just really wanting to be part of the group.


Blogging can be so cathartic for someone. Having a place to share their feelings that have to be released but maybe not spoken to a person.  Here are some examples.


My friend Jenn's blog:
http://jldinspiredtoday.blogspot.com/


My husband's blog:
http://pissedoffrant.blogspot.com/


An adult who Aspergers like my son:
http://lifeontheothersideofthewall.blogspot.com/


and lastly, my friend Michele
http://polyesterangel.blogspot.com/


Thanks for stopping by and reading what I have to say, feel, and think. 

5 comments:

  1. Jody, I think it's great that you have a plan for the gym. And don't think that your date is "too far out". Everyone is different and needs to tackle these things different and in their own way. You have my support - and maybe I'll join you one day!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too keep telling myself it's time to perform a major life-style change. Perhaps we can find a way to hold one another accountable. For the sake of ourselves and our families we need to make these important changes. Most days I start about an hour or two after you're off. Maybe we should "meet in the middle" and go to the gym together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse, lets go to the gym at like 2:30?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn: I have set the date, but secretly hope to go sooner. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the shout out! And good luck on going to the gym. My goal is to use my elliptical at least twice a week.

    ReplyDelete