Saturday, September 11, 2010

But I don't really have much to say.

Normally, I have a list of things to talk about, but today I don't have anything to talk about.  So why blog?
Because Michael and Terra want me to.  

Michael is interesting. He likes purses, shoes and makeup.  I know what you're thinking....but he's not gay.  He's just a guy who appreciates fashion.  He once told me "I like when a girl puts effort forth, she doesn't need to be designer clothes or anything, just look like she cares about herself".  I was offended, mainly cos I looked like shit that day, but I had to agree, I didn't deserve his fashion desirable eyes, I had not put any effort forth. Shun me, for I have not styled my hair, painted my face, nor put on any cute shoes.  Alas, I agree with him.  Far too many people come to work dressed horribly, and they clearly don't care.   So that's Michael, changing one girl at a time to look decent.  HI MICHAEL!!!

So speaking of clothes...

Terra is my Team Leader. I love her. She is the best thing to happen to me. I sometimes feel bad for mocking her clothing choices. I think I just need to respect that she marches to the beat of different drum.   I just have to repeat to myself, "Its ok to wear pink uggs, skirt, plaid shirt with a skull and cross bones scarf" She is allowed to parade about like that. She's the shit, she knows it.  She wears that outfit with such confidence, and I love it.  I love that she is playful and colourful.   She clearly put some thought into her outfit (Michael likes that).  YOU GO GIRL!!!

My feet are swollen. They look stupid. 

Hilary is off on a date tonight with a boy named Nick, who btw, has beautiful eyes.  She's meeting him at Starbucks.  His mom wants to meet Andrew and Hilary when she gets to Starbucks to ensure her child isn't going off with a Pedophile.  She's a good mom. I like that mom already.

I have a cyst in my eye.  I was all quasimoto for a day.  Its better now.

Well im off to bed. I was up late last night for the Aerosmith concert.  Wait, before I go, I have to say, that Joan Jett rocked it. Seriously, I had such low expectations for this 50something lady in leather pants trying to be her younger self, but she was awesome.  Low expectations were perfect, cos I am dazzled by her.

I took my Edward Cullen lunchbox to work today and I felt great about it.

Goodnight :)

Whoa..I almost forgot a reflection. I am posting this on September 11th.  That means something. Something big. This goes beyond Michael's non gayness and Terra's clothes....

(prepare for tears and not from laughter..this is where the blog goes deep..yes..I said deep)

Here goes...

We all remember that day. I was woken up by a phone call from Andrew telling a plane flew into a WTC building. I had no clue what that meant, never heard of WTC.  He told me to turn on the tv. I was stunned at what I saw, before I had time to really process what I had seen, the second plane flew into the other building live on my tv.  The worst part was realizing this was done on purpose.  I was immobile and horrified.    

I did not take Hilary to school, and I was so grateful when Andrew came home by lunch time because they shut down downtown.  Living in an oil and gas town, we had many threats so they shut it down.  The rest of the days are a fog to me now. I did nothing but watch news. I cried constantly as they showed people holding pictures of loved ones saying "Have you seen my dad?".


I can't even continue my thoughts. 


I told you blogging is cathartic.

2 comments:

  1. I remember the day Michael said that to use. And I think I also remember you saying aloud "Oh GREAT! I look like SHIT today! What a great time to have this conversation". That made me laugh out loud.

    I like that you didn't make Hilary go to school, I think it was important to watch everything that happened - so that you don't forget. Even though I don't think any of us ever could. I went to school, but my teachers were very caring and let us watch the news all day - i'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete