Friday, August 9, 2013

80th Blog!

Wow, this is my 80th blog entry and that is awesome! I can't believe that there has been 80 times I felt compelled to talk about myself.  Crazier is that some of you actually read what I have to say!

I am sitting here eating a salad. I hate salad. I dislike cold food. But something has completely won me over, its goat cheese covered in cranberries and cinnamon.  OMG. I want to eat this on everything. Right now my salad is a mix of arugula and baby spinach with some balsamic vinegar drizzled over topped with pecans and the goat cheese.  OH MAH LAWD. Its so amazing!  Doesn't it look yummy? I mean, if you are into that kind of thing - you know, delicious food!

So, as I eat I am marveling at my progress. I am having a GOOD day. Know that there some bad days, they do exist.  I have those days where I look in the mirror and my shape is the same as its always been.  That part is totally true. But what I am not seeing is how much it has shrunk.  I know logically I have shrunk, don't get me wrong. But my boobs still look like round flat pancakes that are just above my belly that is long and hanging. I call that belly the sack of feelings, or the belly flap that hid my vagina.  I know the sack has risen up as I can now see pubic hair. So that is new! I was like "Hey there old friend! Sorry I suffocated you for years and kept you in the dark, but now you are free! Breathe! See the world!"  I am now nodding nostalgically for my vagina.  Anyways, today isn't that day where I stare at the mirror and say "I have lost 87lbs from where???" No sir. Today is a day where I am going "Wow, looking good McKay!"

These days usually come after going to work and hearing everyone exclaim how different I look, so its weird I am feeling this way today.  I had a decent work out today and I am eating salad.  This can be the only explanation.  I found today at the gym I could do things better. I am not going as frequently as I should, so my goal next week is to go Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. But for only going a couple times a week, I am slightly improving. Its still very difficult for me to do a lot of the workouts, but my stamina is slowly building.  With a work out comes an energy burst, so maybe I am just on an energy high? Or maybe its because I can do simple tasks like tie my shoes, do leg stretching, and jog? I don't know all I can tell you is that right now inside I am just so happy! 

I began eating earlier in the day and that has increased my appetite. I haven't  been logging my food into MyFitnessPal as I should be, but I have decided that since the scale is steadily dropping I am not going to worry so much about that. If and WHEN I plateau I will log my food and see where I am deficit and causing the plateau.  

I am also trying not to weigh myself daily, this may sound like such a simple task but for me it just isn't.  When I have gone to the extreme of having weight loss surgery my losing is so incredibly important to me. My whole world revolves around my weight loss. I have decided to go public with it with an intention of accountability. So after everything I have gone/going through, losing is the only option. So I am admittingly obsessed with my weight, my loss and my scale.  With that being said, if I don't lose or even if I go up, I don't get a sad/angry/despair feeling. I feel nothing actually. I just go "crap" I step off and go about my day. I don't dwell on that number because I know tomorrow is a new day.  When its down, it motivates me to keep working super hard at it. Make good choices, eat often and drink my water!

Believing that I deserved a better quality of life, that was the biggest obstacle in my way. I was in my own way.  But that is gone, and now that I am already experiencing a better quality of life and the best part? I know its only going to get better!  That motivates me each and every day.

I deserve a better quality of  life. 
My husband deserves his wife to be by his side when we are old. 
My kids deserve a mother who is there for all their milestones in life. 
I deserve to live!

Today is a good day and I earned it.


No comments:

Post a Comment